Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Time Traveler's Wife

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger is a solid love story with a sci-fi twist. (Henry DeTamble, the main character, is a time traveler so this book requires a certain level of suspension of disbelief.) I highly recommend it, although you should get your arms in shape before picking this sucker up. It's a heavy book, weighing in at 536 bible-thin pages.

I also recently read David Sedaris's novel Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim. It follows a chronological order but is more about specific moments in time than offering one coherent storyline. The author is sarcastically funny, which translates to thorough enjoyment for the sarcastically funny inclined.

And finally, to keep an accurate accounting of the books read in 2006, I must include The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. (I received it as a Christmas gift.) This book gives many great reasons to believe what you believe if you already believe what you believe.

I am staring at approximately seven books I have waiting to be read and I know of at least three others in a stack in my room that I haven't yet touched. I'm sure there will be more book blogs in the future. I'll try to get a list of the books Darren has read as well and post that information.

No comments: