Friday, March 31, 2006

New Icons for Hullabaloo

We received the first sketches from the artist (a.k.a. Kevin) we hired to create icons to replace the "borrowed" icons on our web site. Yes, we're going legit. You can check out Kevin's work at the Umami Design Studio Blog.

I thought it would be cool to track the progress as I've never had anyone create anything artistic for me before and I don't know what to expect or how it all works. Kevin has agreed to draw five different icons: one of a couple (to represent Darr & I), one of two cats (to represent Ellie & Mabel), one of a dog (to represent Beauty the wonder dog), one of a camera (to represent the photos section), and one of a Mini Cooper (to represent Sophie).

I like the bodies of the cats but the hand thing is sort of freaky. Darr said he thought Ellie should be "sweet" and Mabel should be "sardonic". I've sent these comments back to Kevin. We're in what I call the drafting phase, but you should understand I know nothing of the various artistic phases, if they are indeed phases, and have no evidence that suggests this is the drafting phase of the phases. Perhaps this is the sketching phase???

No comments: