Thursday, March 09, 2006

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

I woke up this morning, got dressed, leashed up Beauty the wonder dog, stepped outside and lo and behold snow! There was snow on the ground -- in March, snow. (Snow sentences brought to you by another 'channeling Hemingway' moment.)

Now, for those living at the tops of mountains this is not such an extraordinary thing, to find snow on the ground in March, but when you live a stone's throw from the river in downtown Portland it is. As I pay absolutely zero attention to the local meteorologists I had no clue snow was expected, even though it was colder that a witch's you know what last night.

Side note:
Last night I met the girls (Tan and Anjy) for dinner and drinks at P.F. Chang's and then we walked over to the theatre, at which time we noticed the cold, to watch the movie Firewall with Harrison Ford and Virginia Madsen. No offense to Harry but this is probably a movie you can wait to see on dvd -- when you get a coupon for a $0.99 rental.

I took a blurry shot of Olive (our second car - a.k.a. the dog car) and snapped a shot of a park bench sitting outside the church Darr and I got married in last year (25 June - Darr, our first anniversary is coming up). I heard on OPB (Oregon Public Broadcasting) that there are several school closures, many in the direction I have to head for work, so here's hoping I make it there okay. Sophie's tires are bald -- we know this, we just haven't taken her in to get new tires. We are bad car parents. <insert head hung in shame here>

No comments: