Saturday, April 29, 2006

New Icons Update

Back in March we hired the world's greatest artist, next to Darr's friend Rick, to create new icons for our web site. On Friday, Kevin sent us the next installment of sketches to review. I know it's sort of goofy to get so excited but I really think these are going to be the best frickin' icons ever! Soon they will be up on the newly designed site (I just bought iLife to help with site construction).

When I sent Darr the link to check out the sketches, his comment was "We're thin!" - which had us both snickering. The flippy hair Kevin gave me makes me smile. My only suggestion to Kevin is to (a) give Darr full beard stubble or (2) have him clean-shaven. In all the years I've known Darr, I've never seen him with a goatee and I am thankful for that.

This is the first sketch of Beauty the wonder dog. I can't wait to see what she'll look like once Kevin applies his creative coloring. Darr's comment on this sketch is that her snout is "a little wide" but other than that I think she's perfect!

And finally, Kevin redrew Mabel and Ellie to match their expressions more closely with our descriptions of their personalities, which we summed up as follows: For Ellie - "Ellie is generally cute and nice and full of goodness." For Mabel -
"Mabel is what we have semi-affectionately named "the evil one with the black heart". Mabel is known to scratch furniture, start fights with her sister, be pissy with her humans, and only lay on the charm when she wants something." See if you can determine which one is which.

No comments: