Saturday, May 13, 2006

Hosting My First Baby Shower

Earlier today I hosted my first baby shower - for Jyla, my sister-in-law and current member of PLIK (Pregnant Ladies I Know). I avoided the traditional baby shower games because, well, I think they're silly and sort of cheesy, but there was a mound of presents for Jyla and lots of food and drinks - sparkling cider for the mom-to-be. Baby Einstein seemed to be a popular brand with Jyla taking home the activity mat, the bouncer, and the activity chair. The gift to win the Most Likely to Cause Adults to Chuckle award was Boudreaux's Butt Paste. Let's face it, "Butt Paste" is funny stuff. And since Bobby and Jyla chose Winnie the Pooh decor, they got a number of Pooh items including a Pooh clothes hamper, a stuffed Pooh, a Pooh toy, and a Pooh bathrobe. My mom knitted the little white and blue baby slippers (see pic for this blog entry). Should you need a pair of the cutest baby slippers in the world for any ladies you know expecting stork deliveries, see me. I'm her slipper-pimp. :)

There were some folks who couldn't attend so I tried to capture the event digitally. The photos have been uploaded to our web site, which you can view by clicking here.

No comments: