Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Italian Immersion

With a mere 132 days until our trip, I thought it was best to break out the Italian language cds I bought about two months ago so I can learn to say things like "hello" and "toilet?". I started listening to them yesterday and already my Italian vocabulary is outstanding! Okay, so I haven't learned "toilet" yet but I can say the following:

La casa è grande. (The house is large.)
and
La campagne è bella. (The countryside is beautiful.)
and
luna (moon)
and
sole (sun)

Because all of these are going to be VERY helpful when we're in Italy for sure. :)

I also am learning the differences in vowels --
"a" is pronounced "ah"
"e" is pronounced "a"
"i" is pronounced "e"
"o" is pronounced "o"
"u" is pronounced, well, um, I don't know how we'd write this sound but it's sort of like "ewww"

I'm on disk one of eight. I'll keep you posted on how immersed I get and the cool new things I learn to say. Until then - ciao!

No comments: