Saturday, July 08, 2006

Mac 'n Cheese and What's Coming Next


We broke out another entrée from Thyme Management the other night - good ol' mac n' cheese. It was okay as far as food goes. I mean, it certainly wasn't as bad as, say, canned meat product, but it was sort of lacking in flavor. The cheesy mac was more flour and less cheese than expected and that was disappointing. So, my apologies to the chef but if I had to choose between making this dish again or grabbing the blue box of original Kraft Mac 'N Cheese off the shelf to eat for dinner - I'd choose Kraft. Though as I write that I realize that my upbringing on the Kraft Mac 'N Cheese makes this an unfair fight. How can Thyme Management's homemade version compete with all of the cheesy memories I've got with Kraft? (Answer: It can't.)

Next on the chopping block is the Southwestern Taco Pot Pie, which has us a little frightened, truth be told. So much so that we've invited Thyme-Management-fixing-dinners-partner Sara and her husband Josh to join us in experiencing this culinary delight. As of right now we are approximately 31 hours away from first bite. The pie is in the fridge thawing and we are afraid. Very afraid.

No comments: