Friday, August 25, 2006

Another day in the life of me

I spent the day doing chores, meeting friends, and pampering my feet. I got up this morning and took Beauty the wonder dog to the dog park next door for a little exercise. We got home and then Beaut and I took the dog car (our Nissan Sentra) to the local do-it-yourself carwash. Eight minutes later, clean car. I dropped the dog and car at home, jumped in Sophie and took her up there for a bath. You don't even have to use the big brushes because they have a high pressure soap wash available, which means no scratching. Once home, I got the offensive Fish N' Chips car emblem I bought forever ago and finally attached it to our car.

I stopped off at home again, grabbed some paperwork that I had to deliver to our CPA, and went to Nordstrom Café to meet Trina for lunch. Trina had an interesting story about tapeworms. It's so gross I have to share. In underdeveloped countries, to extract a tapeworm out of a human body, they will sedate the person with the tapeworm and place a plate of food at the person's butt and head to coax the worm out. The worm will crawl out of one end or the other to get to the food. Sick.

I arrived home just in time to see Sara walking to the front door. We rode in her shiny new car (Volvo XC70) to the nail salon. The car is comfortable, definitely road trip worthy, and super quiet. Sara's already got music for the Noodle in the cd player. It was the Noodle's first nail salon experience so I grabbed the old camera and got a shot of her while mom was picking out polish for her toes.

I've got another hour plus before Darr's plane lands so I'm blogging and cleaning up a little so he doesn't think I'm a total slob when he's gone. (I'm not.) Tomorrow is the Dog Party One so we've got to figure out what we're making and put our grocery list together so we can get started prepping first thing tomorrow.

No comments: