Sunday, August 20, 2006

Canadian cousins, eh?

Darr's dad, uncle, aunt, and cousins came over for a brief visit this evening to see our home, chat, and eat some ice cream. These folks are Canadian Christians and are very pleasant and respectful and nice and I am not. While I try to tone down the language, I inevitably tap into my normal everyday vernacular and words like "Jesus" and "fuck" creep into the conversation. I can't figure out which word is more offensive but I'm sure they'd prefer their kids didn't get bombarded with either when visiting relatives. Later when discussing this very issue with Darr, he relates a conversation he had with his cousin Danny who noticed we have a photo of his older brother Stephen, with his wife Leah and their new baby Parker, on the kitchen cabinet and no photos of anyone else in the family. So Darr says to Danny..."Have yourself a goddamn baby and I'll put you up there."

No comments: