Thursday, August 17, 2006

The countdown continues

26 days. This is how many days there are until our European vacation. Our journey begins with a four night stay in Prague (Praha), down to Vienna (Wien) for two nights, over to Salzburg for one, to the Lake Como region to stay for three nights at the small lakeside town of Varenna, and then to Milan (Milano) for a few days before heading home. I'm still working to secure lodgings for a couple of the places but at least now we know where we'll be, deciding that can sometimes be the most difficult part. Of course packing will be a trial given the current restrictions. Because we're moving around so much, we'd like to leave with one backpack per person. This means cutting down our gear to the bare minimum. I figure clean underwear and camera are of equal importance and everything else falls into the 'maybe I don't need this' category. Since toiletries are suspect as far as the airports are concerned, I've got to pick up some Olay daily facial cloths and find some bar of soap shampoo, which I know I've seen somewhere but can't recall exactly where. I saw a cute wool skirt at Banana Republic I might have to force myself to buy because it won't wrinkle and will be nice enough with a light sweater to wear for an evening out. A shopping day for vacation clothing is clearly in order.

No comments: