Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hästens bed

Darr and I did a little shopping this past weekend and part of that included a trip to the new Hästens store in Seattle. We aren't really in the market for a new mattress, having recently purchased a Tempur-Pedic, but there was a nice duvet cover in the window we wanted to check out. Once in the store we got sucked into a demonstration by a salesperson I'll call Chip, because that is his name. Chip had Darr and I lying down on bed after bed, on our backs and on our sides, with soft, goose down-filled pillows and with anatomical pillows, with our eyes open and with our eyes closed. The man even touched our feet. What I learned? That there is such a thing as a $49,000 bed. I also learned that I wouldn't ever pay that much for a bed, even if it is (as advertised) "the most exclusive bed in the world". I'd rather buy this.

1 comment:

Meg Peters said...

Hi Christie and Darren,

My name is Meghan and I'm a reporter with the Seattle P-I. I'm doing a story about Hastens and I came across your blog while doing some research on the store. I was hoping I could ask you a few questions about your shopping experience there (from what I read of your blog it sounds like an interesting one). Shoot me an e-mail at meghanpeters@seattlepi.com when you get a chance. Thank you.
-Meghan