Friday, July 27, 2007

Case Histories

Once the Resident Alien arrives I will no longer have time to enjoy books and when the lil' kid is finally placed in daycare I'll be up to my ears in law textbooks so I've gone into reading books overdrive. This book gets a rating of 3. Case Histories by Kate Atkinson is an intriguing whodunit - not my normal piece of fiction - that moves swiftly and keeps you guessing all the way to the end. Random characters are brought together as they look for the answers that elude them. A man searches for his daughter's killer, two sisters work to uncover the details surrounding the disappearance of their youngest sibling, and someone is trying to kill the detective helping them all. The book has the same type of feel as the movies Short Cuts and Pulp Fiction. Stick with it and all is wrapped up nicely, albeit a little hastily, in the end.

No comments: