Sunday, August 26, 2007

Ella in Europe: an american dog's international adventures

This book gets a rating of 4.5. As far as books go, it was an easy read but I have to say I enjoyed it less than I had anticipated because the author had a tendency to go overboard with the love for his dog. Descriptions that were intended (I'm sure) to be endearing ended up feeling weird. Wrong. It made me uncomfortable. It also seems as if the author used Ella as a way to get a trip to Europe that would be tax deductible because he was doing research for a book he was writing about traveling with his dog in Europe. Wait, I just had an idea. I'm going to write a book about a former technical writer/soon-to-be-a-mom/future law student extraordinaire that travels first class to exotic destinations. Now if only I can find a publishing company looking for just such a book to pitch it to...

No comments: