Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The second day of the year

2 January - Has me thinking of the number 2. Like, we have two cats. We had two stoppers for the sink in the kitchen until one was misplaced by the cleaning ladies. There are two adults in our household. We have two large kid toys in our living room - the swing and the activity mat. (The tummy time mat is small enough not to be counted.) Our couch is comprised of two pieces. There are two vases that sit on our mantel. Henry is busy trying to shove two hands into his teeny mouth. There are two cookbooks on the living room table for a project I'm working on.

...

So, I signed up to participate in Blog 365, striving to post at least one entry a day and already I'm experiencing writer's block. Hence the rumination on the number two above. Here's another number, 7. As in, I found seven gray hairs in the mirror this morning that I don't recall seeing before. Seven.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

That's exactly why I didn't sign up for this 365 thing. I barely made it through November and felt like I didn't have anything to write about every day. And then once Novemeber was over I didn't have any trouble coming up with stuff.
You know, if you ever can't think of anything to write about I'm sure we'd all be happy with Henry pictures!

Leah said...

I second that!

Elizabeth Prata said...

me too. Henry, Henry, Henry!

I signed up for blog365, hoping that it will give me a framework and a motivation to write every day. Even though...I already write every day. I guess I just like having a boss.

About the gray hairs, you haven't even started to be depressed until you spot one...elsewhere.

Noir said...

Only 7? Ha.

Christie said...

Ouch, Lo. That one stings. I said seven new ones I hadn't seen before. Bastard. :)