Sunday, February 10, 2008

Cousins

I haven't seen my cousins on my mom's side of the family in years, decades even, so today was quite a treat as I was able to meet them for an early brunch downtown. My cousin Stephanie has a brand new baby of her own (Monsieur Cameron - born July 22nd (I hope I remembered that correctly)). But I gotta say it's a touch embarrassing to show up and say "Um, hi, uh, whatcha been doin' for the last 20 years." We had a conversation that led to my researching exactly what type of cousins Cameron and Henry are - answer, second cousins. Apparently, the type of cousin you are is linked to which grandparents/great-grandparents/etc. you share. For more info, click here. We made sure to get a picture of the two kids before heading home. Trying to get two babies to look in the same general direction at the same time can be challenging, as evidenced below.

No comments: