Thursday, February 07, 2008

Goldthwait's question

You ever see that movie One Crazy Summer with Demi Moore, John Cusack, and Bob Goldthwait? There is one section where Bob is telling a story about some fat kid (it is, in fact, himself) in school who is picked on and how he just wanted to shake him and say "Why are you so fat?" Well, tonight, operating on about three hours of sleep and after dealing with a fussy baby ALL DAY LONG, it occurred to me that I thought of doing the same thing to Monsieur Henry except my question would be "Why are you so fussy?" and the shaking would be more like bouncing since we want to avoid Shaken Baby Syndrome at all costs. The transition was rather abrupt - I should have asked not demanded assistance - but now H is with his dad and I am going to try and get a few hours of sleep. We're nearing four months. As far as I can tell from what I've read, H is either teething or going through a growth spurt. Ugh.

5 comments:

Dr. A said...

or both. Poor M. H, poor mom. Hope you and he get some much needed rest.

Christie said...

Both? I hadn't considered. That would definitely suck.

He's constantly trying to cram things into his mouth. And he's angry when he gets stuff in there because it isn't satisfying whatever need he has. So he does this moaning/chattering thing CONSTANTLY. Loud enough I can't just ignore it or hide it by turning up the volume on the stereo. I don't want to blast the poor kids eardrums.

Cathy said...

Oh geez. Hope things get better for him (and you).
One of my parent/teacher conferences - we spent half the time talking about her crying baby that just doesn't stop. I knew exactly how she felt because it wasn't too long ago when Liam just wouldn't stop crying. I made good use of my exercise ball. Sit and bounce. Sit and bounce.

Susie said...

4 months is a major suckfest. They know they have hands, but know idea how to make them do what they want. They want to communicate but can't seem to make you understand and have no idea what you are saying... and most of times their stomachs are in some sort of turmoil...wanna poop but can't, poop too much, too much gas, not enough milk, too much milk, yadda yadda yadda. Hang in there and thanks for the comment!!! H is adorable!

Victoria said...

I swear, LM started "teething" at 4 months and didn't get his first tooth until 8 months! GRRRR!

Good luck & hang in there!