Monday, February 11, 2008

Henry Finn, World Traveler

Henry's First Passport Photo
Taken at Kinko's on Barbur Blvd at approximately 10:40A.M. this morning.
How it was captured - A large sheet of white paper was laid on the floor by the counter. Henry was placed in the middle of said paper. The Kinko's employee then stood over Henry and snapped several photos with a special digital camera used for this purpose. There are certain requirements that have to be met when taking pictures for U.S. passports, such as the individual has to be looking at the camera, both ears must be visible, etc. I'm supposed to fill out Henry's eye color but I don't think we've determined what that is yet. Right now it sort of looks like one eye is brown and the other eye is blue. Plus, I'm sure by the time they process the application, Henry's weight and height will no longer be valid. I'm amazed that the passport we get for him now will last for five years as the kid will undoubtedly change quite a bit between now and the future expiration date. Where are we thinking of going? I'm currently trying to convince Darr a trip to Ireland is in order, that we should head overseas now before I start school and before Henry is a slightly larger, harder to control individual.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

That is actually a good picture of the little guy.
Ireland?! That's on my bucket list, not that I actually have a list, but you know. Can't wait to see your pictures!

betty said...

Not bad, for a passport photo! Much better than mine.

Elizabeth Prata said...

so, so, so cute! And as for the larger, harder to control individual...also keep in mind that after two years of age they charge for the seat for the kid.

Is that red hair I see on Master Henry?

Cathy said...

Also - check out Mighty Girl's blog for travel tips for baby. Not sure if you read her stuff, but she travels All the Time with her little one and recently listed a bunch of really good tips.

Amber said...

Can I come too? None of my kids, just me. :)

Victoria said...

Oh, this is awesome. He looks so chic!