Friday, July 11, 2008

Did I forget anything?

Tomorrow I'm hosting a bridal shower for my best friend who is getting married this fall in Hawaii. It's still up in the air whether or not I will attend. On the one hand, she's my best friend how could I not go? On the other, it's my first year of law school and while many have said it can be done, none of those folks have been starting their first year of law school with a kid just shy of his first birthday. I can't tell you how many people have said the first year at law school is the most HELLISH year someone can withstand. (Incidentally, the BAR earns top notch for being the most HELLISH exam you can take.) I take some comfort in the fact that the school I am attending has more of a cooperative atmosphere than you'd likely find at the Ivy League schools (read: I'm jealous I didn't get into any of those schools but since I didn't apply, we'll never know). Tales of having books in the library purposefully misplaced so that students who need them can't find them are plentiful. As are group members conveniently forgetting to pass along information gathered that might help you.

All that to say, that I'm currently in the process of completing last minute cleaning and preparing for tomorrow's luncheon. The details are as follows:

Menu
French dips au jus
Assorted chips (the bride's-to-be favorite is barbecue)
Fruit salad
Caprese salad
Cake

Refreshments
Sour apple martinis (the bride's-to-be signature drink)
Wine
Water (consumed for the sole purpose of staying hydrated)

There will be many ladies, gifts galore, lots o' food, plentiful drinks, music and mayhem. All in one afternoon sans kids. Woohoo! Many thanks in advance to my husband who has agreed (read: was volunteered by me) to take Monsieur Henry away for the afternoon whilst I host the event.

3 comments:

Dr. A said...

Sounds like a wonderful party! Seems like you have everything accounted for. Have a great time and enjoy those appletinis.

Amber said...

What a beautiful day for a bridal shower! Sounds like you've thought of every detail... have a great day!

A trip to Hawaii in the fall does sound kind of heavenly if you can make it work.

Mary Jo said...

Hi Christie- I look forward to hearing about your 1L year or, rather, what Darren thinks of it. I survived my hubby's 3 years (I'm not sure how) pre-baby. You seem to be very capable of multi-tasking, so I'm sure you'll be uber-successful. Are you more excited or nervous?