Saturday, August 23, 2008

Think of a number well above 500 but below 8000

We're back at the hospital and Henry has had more blood drawn for testing. Their going to count the white blood cells again to determine the next course of action. Henry is currently nursing like a bandit and trying to get some sleep. If he were to write a list of things he intensely dislikes, being held down by nurses trying to take his blood and having an I.V. inserted into his arm would currently be tied at the top of the list, followed closely by fevers and their unknown causes.

On a side note, we've got a new nickname to add to the list...Neutropenia Boy.

3 comments:

Dr. A said...

Like everyone else, I'm volunteering for whatever service you could use.
Also if it comes to it I know lots of people in the pediatric heme/onc dept. Sorry they sound like dingdongs.
fvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvags4wwwwww4
(that's from Erin.... translation: "give those nurses a run for their money, lil' Henry!")

Mary Jo said...

Oh my gosh. I just caught up on what's been going on. My husband and I are both sitting here saying, We hope Henry's ok!
It definitely sucks being in the hospital and being sick. But Henry's tough and we know he'll be ok. Please just know you've got some big Henry-fans out here in Beantown praying for the little guy!

Dorene said...

Just found your blog.

I am all too familiar with the "What's wrong with him? Why is he not gaining weight? Let's do more tests" situation you are in.

Wishing you and your little one the best.