Saturday, November 29, 2008

Chores

Early in 2007 when I was pregnant with Henry but we hadn't yet started telling people, I attended a scrapbook convention. Yes, I feel the appropriate level of shame for my hobby choice. Anyway, while there I picked up an ultra cute chores chart for kids. I had to semi-fib when I bought it, claiming that I was going to need it eventually since I planned on having a baby in the future, all the while knowing that the chore chart was really for the little human I was already in the process of growing. There is space at the top for your child's name and you can insert any number of chores, like making the bed and putting away the laundry, in the provided rows. Laminated stars can be moved from the "to do" column to the "done" column with the help of Velcro. Well, it's time for me to get cracking on putting the chart together for Henry because his pops has already got him learning about chores. Henry's chore du jour is feeding the dog. And it looks like this when he's in action:

5 comments:

Dr. A said...

Does he sample the fare himself?

Christie said...

He tries. We must work very hard to keep his little hands firmly held to the side of the pan.

Dr. A said...

Side story: know of Marilyn Von Savant? She was asked a question, "if you only had 1 food to eat the rest of your life what would it be?" She reasoned out milk for lack of vit. C and fiber. Eggs would be close, but not perfect 'cause, also, no fiber. She then said dog food would be the perfect food, 'cause dogs can exist solely on dog food. I then questioned her purported "highest IQ" status.

David said...

I think Darren is in the process of setting one of these up at work. He's already got index cards taped to his wall.

Darren said...

David: long time reader, first time commenter! Yeah!