Tuesday, December 02, 2008

An Early Morning Story

I was so excited it was my pops's birthday I had to wake up super early to get the party started. To thank me, my parents took me out for breakfast at 4:30am. There was only one place they could think of that would be open - Portland's own Hot Cake House. I had to ask, what's a hot cake?

When we were done, we dropped my pops at his new office. I thought it would be cool to check out the new digs when there weren't a bunch of people around to bother.

I was trying to snoop when my mum caught up with me. Drats! My evil plan to destroy the office was foiled.

I got to go for a ride around the office on this very comfortable chair. Yippee! Mum said this picture illustrates what happens when dad dresses me in the morn. Blue pajamas under a green and white shirt with red and blue socks. I see nothing wrong with it!

During my exploration I found the HUGEST BALL I'VE EVER SEEN. Whoa. That was one BIG ball.

Before mum and me left to get me back to bed, I met a new friend. He didn't even mind when I greeted him with the double high five. Quite possibly this was my most exciting early morning experience ever. I wonder what we'll do the next time I wake up at 4am.

2 comments:

Dr. A said...

So early, little man.

At least his hat and socks match. Actually, he's kind of dressed like a Christmas tree.

Josie said...

Bah! I was up at 4am too (and 1am, 2am, 3am, 5am, etc.), trying to tell my folks that I wanted to meet you guys at the Hot Cake House. But they didn't get the message. They kept trying to put my back to bed!

[I bet they get a lot of early morning business from parents with young children... never thought about that before.]