Saturday, January 24, 2009

Grace in small things

I am jumping on this idea to write a weekly - it's supposed to be daily but I just finished Blog 365 and am exhausted so I'm tweaking the idea a bit to fit what I'm ready to commit to - post that recognizes the small things that grace my life every day. 

First in a series of many: 
1. Monsieur Henry (the littlest human that graces my life)
2. 20 minute power naps (essential for living with #1 on the list)
3. Sunny, albeit very cold days (beats the rain)
4. A park next door (for taking the wee one and dog to)
5. Our pets (who usually greet us at the front door when we return from our outdoors adventures)
6. Comfy, handknit slippers from mom
7. Living within walking distance to a grocery store

3 comments:

Abcdpdx said...

oh, this is lovely! thanks for sharing!

Cathy said...

Hmm... I saw Sue's and thought, "I could not do that every day." But, oh, once a week. You are a genius. I may or may not jump on this adjusted bandwagon you've developed. We'll see. Only time will tell and I know you're sitting there holding your breath just waiting for my decision, aren't you?

(okay, sorry, it's late. I'm tired.)

Christie said...

Hey Cathy,

No need to apologize. The weekly thing makes it a touch easier, although the plan is to list out at least seven things so it's semi-quasi-daily, sort of. It is late. And you aren't the only one tired, apparently. :)