Thursday, February 19, 2009

Man, husband, father

Copied from Heather Armstrong's Dooce, who copied it from somewhere in Facebook land.

What are your middle names?
Mine is Marie and his is James. Can't get more uninspired than that.

How long have you been together?
Married for nearly four years but we dated for just over a decade before getting hitched.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
I met him in high school but it wasn't until he returned from college that we started dating. That's a long way of saying approximately five years.

Who asked whom out?
I guess technically it was me but after I heard he was going to hang out at home on a Friday night with no t.v., how could I not invite him back to my co-ed dorm?

How old are each of you?
I'm nearly old and he's two years older than me. The closest I'm willing to admit to is that we're both in our 30s.

Whose siblings do you see the most?
Equal time spent with both siblings that still remain in the same state we live in.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Discussing our shrinking retirement portfolio. He also hates it when I yammer on about the plight of the working class.

Did you go to the same school?
Went to the same high school but attended different colleges. In my case, that was multiple colleges.

Are you from the same home town?
Nope. I'm born and raised in Newberg, Oregon. He's from a suburb of that oh-so-like-the-U.S. town called Vancouver, B.C.

Who is smarter?
Darren, although I did get a higher grade in Statistics than he did.

Who is the most sensitive?
Definitely me.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
El Gaucho.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Bulgaria.

Who has the craziest exes?
Neither of us.

Who has the worst temper?
He does. 

Who does the cooking?
He's a better cook but I'm a better baker so we cover all of the bases. And that's important because at the end of the day you need fresh homemade pie.

Who is the neat-freak?
Absolutely 100% me. And if he tries to argue otherwise, I'll kindly point his memory in the direction of the time I flew down to San Jose to help him clean his apartment. And by help I mean he went to work and I stayed at home and cleaned all day.

Who is more stubborn?
Depends on what we're talking about and who's had more to drink.

Who hogs the bed?
We're both so busy working to sleep around the cats and baby neither of us has time to hog the bed.

Who wakes up earlier?
Me. Always. The only day Darren can count on waking up before me is the day I die. And then, he should probably let me sleep in.

Where was your first date?
The South Hall third floor dorm at Linfield in McMinnville.

Who is more jealous?
Me.

How long did it take to get serious?
Serious = marriage? Over a decade. I was beginning to lose my patience toward the end.

Who eats more?
Darren but I'm a close second.

Who does the laundry?
I do. Usually in marathon laundry sessions during the weekend.

Who's better with the computer?
As a computer programmer, I'd have to go with Darr.

Who drives when you are together?
Usually me, unless there is snow. Normal driving conditions are too boring to capture Darr's attention. And his reaction time is just a touch slower than mine so I'm usually huddled in my seat bracing for impact.

Feel free to answer some or all of the same questions about your significant other in the comments, or leave a link to your website if you prefer answering there.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Shhhh. I did it too. Don't tell Mike. Bye.