Thursday, May 07, 2009

Daycare at the condo

If I was that kind of person I'd stick out my tongue and follow that up with a neener-neener taunt because Monsieur Henry and I got to spend the last two days with Miss Amels and you didn't and that must surely suck for you because Miss Amels is AWESOME. 
When you are a currently unemployed, ex-1L sister-in-law you can step up to provide daycare if something unexpected happens that requires such services. Yesterday, we traveled to the 'burbs to hang out with Miss Amels at her crib. (Pun intended.) The rain did not prevent us from going outdoors but it did prevent us from completing the journey I had in mind when we first ventured outside. My intended trip around the block became a trip past five driveways and one storm drain. This took us about 25 minutes. To go approximately one quarter of a block. In rain. I estimate completing the trip would have taken an additional two hours. Instead I got the kids indoors, dried 'em off, fed 'em, and put 'em to bed where they remained long enough for me to slam through nearly 40 pages of Basic Legal Research: Tools and Strategies. Because that's how I roll, America.
Today we had the pleasure of hosting Miss Amels at our place. In as few words as possible, it went like this - arrival, eat, play, change diapers, eat, drink, nap, walk, park, mud, splash, home, bath, naked, run, play, eat, dress, eat, change diaper, play, departure. 
Of course there were pictures...

4 comments:

Brian said...

Where do I sign up? Not for Erin, for me! I love the schedule!

Miss Amelia Jane. said...

I know I may be biased, but Miss Amels is pretty awesome! If you add Henry's awesome-ness...they're the 2 coolest little ones I know!

Cathy said...

Looks like fun - I love Henry's jacket, too!

Anne said...

I am sooooo jealous. Had we been in town, I woulda volunteered!

LOVE the picture of Amelia looking up at Henry. She looks like she's being a typical female -- "Did you hear what I said????" Or like her mama -- "I tole you FREE times."