Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday Proud Parenting Moments

brought to you by the makers of Henry Finn...
  1. Introduced Huck to the delights of Raspberry and White decaf tea, should go over well with his dentist when I have to explain why our 22-month old son has stained teeth
  2. Turned breakfast into a battle by trying to wager with the youngster, score: Henry 1, parents 0
  3. Said one rather colorful four letter word*, which was overheard, even though he was all the way across the room, and repeated by said boy
  4. Went for early afternoon walk and allowed kid to run on railroad tracks
Activities scheduled for later today include toddler knife tossing and learning how to identify and laugh at weird people you see on the street.

*Shit

4 comments:

Miss Amelia Jane. said...

When can we come play? Funny that Henry said a certain 4 letter word...yesterday I lost it and THOUGHT I was muttering under my breath...we got the repeat of ANOTHER 4 letter word. CSD, here we come :)

Mary Jo said...

Hi Christie, Random question for you. A while ago (eons, months?), you posted a kitchen stool with guardrails that Henry uses to climb up on and possibly cook with you. I think you got it as a gift (?). I was wondering if you could tell me the name of this thing and perhaps link me back to your post. I'm wondering if it's useful and if maybe I could find one on craigslist... Thanks for your help!
Mary Jo

Christie said...

Hey Mary Jo,

First of all, good memory! I can't remember what I had for lunch today let alone what someone else blogged about nearly a year ago. It's called The Learning Tower. We learned about it from our friends and got it for Henry on his first birthday. It is AWESOME. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Henry uses that thing every day. The post about it is here: http://darrenandchristie.blogspot.com/2008/10/learning-tower.html

I have another friend who got one for her daughter on craigslist. Here's hoping your search is successful as well. :) Also, in the future if you want to just email me directly, you can do so at christie.m.glynn@gmail.com.

Anne said...

Are you selling tickets for the next Sensational Saturday?

I'd like to buy some.