Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sleep chart: Day Uno

I talked about doing a sleep chart for Henry before (back in June - eek!) but it took Megan using one for Avery with success to get me motivated enough to actually make the chart. Hen understands what a prize is but he is very very extremely much impatient. After hearing the "rules" of the sleep chart and what he had to do to earn the prize, he immediately jumped into bed and said, "Look, mama, I go to bed." He has to go to sleep three times to earn the prize. Right now, it appears as if he has done that but I just put the Wow!, Sweet!, and Terrific! stickers up (thank you, Velcro!) to show what we aspire to here at the condo.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Daaaammmn! You're sleep chart puts mine to shame! I hope it is a success. If the quality of the chart relates at all to the outcome, you should be golden.

Abcdpdx said...

oh, good luck!!! hey, have you read anything by T Berry Brazleton? I have only read his potty training book, but I really like it. have no idea if it would be helpful or not. crossing my fingers for the sleep chart!!! sometimes a little extrinsic motivation is what we all need to get on track!!

Dr. A said...

Wow, 3 times! I did a "Let Robin Nap" chart with Erin. She had to not wake Robin up 10 times before she got some little plastic bracelets.

What is Hen's prize? Does he have to go to bed all by himself?

Christie said...

Megan,
My chart is totally missing a success row. I saw yours in person the other day and wanted to slap my hand to my head and say "Doh," because how on Earth could I forget that?

Zozo,
I haven't but I will certainly check that out.

Dr. A,
We thought it best to set the bar low to start. Once he has a success or five under his belt, we'll increase the nights required to earn the toy. His first toy is remote controlled Red (the fire truck from Cars, purchased at the Disney store on sale about a year ago for approx. $5). We'll take him into his room but he has to stay there and get to sleep on his own. When we are in the room with him, he wants to interact.