Saturday, January 28, 2012

Aperture, post editing

There were balloons and great lighting in the living room today so we had an impromptu photo shoot. Hen is a very agreeable creature when it comes to putting up with his mama's near constant shutterbugging. I thought the base shot was good enough to play around with to highlight some of Aperture's enhancement settings. Please note, I don't think this is the best composition but with an overfilled box of toys on Hen's left and pictures on the wall to his right my options were limited. 
Original, no editing

Auto enhance

Toy camera

Vintage


I edited this one using the enhancement tools, not the presets. I increased the contrast, sharpened the image, applied vignette, lightened Hen's eyes, and increased the vibrancy and saturation just a touch.

1 comment:

Rachele said...

It's interesting to compare just the green balloon, and orange balloon, from photo to photo. I like the auto one and your tweaks one, the best. I find I am always increasing contrast whenever I do manually edit (which is not often, with Mimi in tow).