Monday, December 17, 2012

Refugee families and Christmas

For the second year in a row Ms. Megan, from CasaDeTiVo fame, has initiated, coordinated, Facebook grouped, and Google doc'ed so a couple of us can come together and help out folks in need. I was able to grab three super warm jackets from Old Navy for $24 a piece right after Thanksgiving, but my favorite purchase this year was a make-up kit I put together for an eight-year old girl. I'm not sure what the guidelines are for little girls and make-up but I think I found the most unobjectionable items out there - nail polish and remover, eye shadow, lip gloss, and shimmer dust. It all fits nicely in this adorable purple case lined with black and white polka dot fabric. So cute! When my father-in-law heard what we were doing, he contributed, too. 


We delivered these gifts to the Lutheran Community Services Center earlier today. Giving is good.

No comments: