Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Recipe Corner: AHA Baked Sweet Potato Chips

Because you knew at some point I'd find a chip recipe. The heart folks recommended pairing this with baked catfish but I only have trout on hand so that is what's for dinner tonight. Please note, I had to cut off the head of the fish myself. Ewww.

Ingredients
cooking spray
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried parsley, crumbled*
1/2 tsp dry mustard†
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 salt
1/4 pepper
2 medium sweet potatoes, unpeeled, cut crosswise into 1/8-inch slices

Directions
Preheat the oven to 450˚F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.

In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients except the sweet potatoes.

Put the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet. Lightly spray the tops with cooking spray. Sprinkle with the rosemary mixture.

Bake for 25 minutes, or until tender-crisp.

Serves 4.

*I didn't have this on hand and using fresh parsley seemed ill-advised so I didn't use any parsley.
†I used this! And I hate mustard. That is love, my friends.

Note: For those interested, I used this Livestrong recipe to make the trout. Mmmm...fish is good.



No comments: