Friday, March 08, 2013

Costume plans

Hen informed me this morning he would like to be Harry Potter for Halloween*. He wants a lightning scar, his hair to be messed up (like Harry's), a broom, a wand, robes, and "a Hedwig owl that will do whatever I [he] wants. With feathers and a metal body that will be strong so that it can fly when I [he] tells it too. You [I] can make that. Right, mama?"

It's a tall order but I think I can come remarkably close excepting that homemade robotic owl that flies on command.

*We're on book three of seven. Yesterday in the park, Hen took on the Harry role and gave his friend, Emory, the part of Ron. I'm not sure Emory even knows who Ron is but he accepted the role and they went off to play.

2 comments:

Snickollet said...

If this plan sticks, I have a Hogwarts robe and tie, plus HP glasses from Riley's costume this past year. Hen would be welcome to 'em. Heck, if he wants them now for dress up, just say the word. Riley is resolutely anti-costume, so no need to keep them around our house.

I also have an adult-size dementor costume if you're so inclined.

Darren said...

> I also have an adult-size dementor costume
> if you're so inclined.

I think this makes you the coolest person I know.