Saturday, October 05, 2013

HP Party - School uniforms

Yep, we're having school uniforms! I can't imagine a better photo op than a bunch of kids dressed like students of Hogwarts, can you? A Google search helped me find this lovely lady, who wrote a pattern to convert a black t-shirt into a robe. I modified her pattern and chose, for my sanity's sake*, to nix the hood on all but Hen's robe. Since he's planning on being Harry Potter for Halloween, I feel like I have to put forth the extra effort. Plus, I only had enough scrap fabric around for one. On Pinterest, I found this lovely woman who posted a pdf of her house ties and badges. Done and done. I ordered the shirts from Dormer's Embroidery & Promotional Products and, with a little help from some heat, we had these awesome shirts with faux ties.

Here's what it'll look like all put together.


We got to box up the supplies and deliver them to most of the kids today. Here's what those packages looked like. (I have to take a picture of the packages!)


*I have a tenuous hold on that, am I right?

No comments: