Sunday, February 02, 2014

Book eight: Divergent by Veronica Roth

I love a good dystopian novel for teens and Divergent does not disappoint. Tris, short of Beatrice, leaves her faction to become Dauntless. Through her training she comes to realize that her girlish stature does not mean she is weak. She is strong and that gives her confidence. This is much needed since [SPOILER ALERT] she will need that courage to fight her own friends and those in other factions when the slaughter of her old faction and most of the people in it takes place. That she falls in love with one of her trainers, who is more alike her than she knows, is icing on the cake. If I was a fourteen year old girl, this book would be perfect for me. I recognize that and can therefore love this book for what it would have meant to me many, many years ago.

Plus, tips for surviving in our future dystopian world. Sweet.

8 down plus 44 to go.

No comments: