Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Book thirty-eight: Tempting Fate by Jane Green

A fast, easy, predictable read. It had one of those "Lucky Titles" tags so I grabbed it the last time we were at the library.

I met my best friend for brunch a few days ago and when I saw her I recommended it right away. When she said something similar to, "Oh, it's really good?" I couldn't quite say yes, but I do think she will enjoy it.

The premise - the main character is a woman in her 40s who, after years of caring for her family (husband and two girls) and being a homemaker, has a night out with friends that forever changes her life. She meets a younger man, and he makes her feel wanted and alive. Even though she deeply loves her life and husband, she starts up a dangerous friendship with this man. (You can probably see where this is going.)

If I were still using my book rating system of yore, this book would fall squarely in the 4 category.
4 = Any text purchased at airport travel shops that I can finish by the time my trip is over even though I’ve only opened up the book while on the plane. Books of this nature include formulaic pulp fiction by John Grisham, Dean R. Koontz, Danielle Steele, and Jackie Collins. (To be fair, I haven’t read Danielle Steele since the tenth grade.)

38 down plus 14 to go. Woohoo!


No comments: