Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Part-time workforce member

We celebrated my part-time return to the workforce with a bottle of wine, selected because it had an H prominently displayed on the front. My job is an office admin-sales type position. A couple days a week I go to the basement, although it doesn't at all feel like a scary-movie basement, of my employer's house and spend a couple hours working in Quickbooks, pulling for orders, invoicing, and shipping. It is not the career I had envisioned for myself when Darren and I got married, but then none of our current setup is really how I thought things would pan out. But that's life, right? Things happened and you take unexpected turns and the life you were headed for becomes different - not better or worse, but different than what you thought it would be. I think I'm finally finding some peace with that.

No comments: