Tuesday, September 09, 2014

School lunches

As the start of a new school year begins I once again make the pledge to bring more variety to Hen's school lunches. This year I am actively working to see how long I can pack lunches without repeat main dishes. I expect to make it three weeks before the ease of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich wins out over my efforts to seek new food combinations.
Left: PB&J circles with barbecue chips, cucumbers, red cabbage and cauliflower, mango, pluots and a plum with a chocolate treat.
Middle: Cheese quesadilla, spinach, red bell pepper and pine nut salad, nectarines, pluots and grapes, trail mix with a chocolate pudding treat.
Right: Orzo pasta with butter and parmesan, hard-boiled egg, cucumbers, red bell peppers, and radishes (teeny ones from our garden!), raspberries, watermelon and a plum, sunflower seed snacks with a yogurt-covered pretzels treat.

No comments: