Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Crafts: Pajama bottoms!

I've had this fabric for around a year and finally got around to sewing them into pajama pants for Hen. (Truth be told, I was motivated to do so because I want to have at least one homemade item for him under the tree and the sweater I'm knitting might not be done in time.) Regardless, come Christmas Hen will have a new pair of flannel pajama bottoms to go with the waffle pajama shirt I picked up for him at American Apparel.
Can I just say that these pants took me about an hour to put together. I didn't use a pattern. I just took an older pair of Hen's pajama pants and used them for a template so I could cut my fabric. Also, I saw online how you can use a zigzag stitch around the edge to allow it to fray a little bit and did that for the pant legs instead of hemming. This saved a significant amount of time and I think it'll look really cute. Note to self: Sewing allows you to finish a project much faster than knitting.

No comments: