Thursday, December 04, 2014

Second Thanksgiving: Friday's family feast-o-rama

There are still a few pieces of dark turkey meat in the fridge but the majority of our leftovers from Second Thanksgiving have been eaten. (Yum.)

Admittedly, we consumed too much food celebrating Thanksgiving with one feast right after the other so I'm considering changing the tradition and hosting Second Thanksgiving the following weekend instead. Whatever we come up with, I just can't give up having my own bird. Mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy…it makes such a great meal.

I used the last of the white meat in a turkey vegetable soup with rice, tweaking the Williams-Sonoma recipe just a touch. I substituted wild rice for long-grain white rice and omitted the celery and mushrooms (because I didn't have them on hand and didn't want to go to the store to get them), I also forgot to sprinkle with parmesan and since it still was really good soup I'd probably refrain from adding it in the future, too. You know, to watch our caloric intake. (hee hee.)

No comments: