Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Book thirty-nine: No One Like You (Barefoot William Beach) by Kate Angnell

I nabbed this book off the library's website because it was listed as one of the "popular" reads. I would have probably really liked it if I was, say, fifteen, but it was too…predictable (you know the two main characters are going to end up together) and formulaic (the girl has suffered a trauma, she meets a guy, guy helps her open up to get past the old wounds, etc.).

I know a few people who would have a good time reading this book. I wasn't one of them but that doesn't mean it's a bad book, it just means I am not their target audience. It should be noted, I don't mind pulp fiction and I'm not opposed to romance but give me either really great writing (Bel Canto is a love story, right?) or a fresh approach so that the unexpected turns aren't something you've been anticipating since page one.

39 down plus 13 to go.

No comments: