Friday, February 26, 2016

Book twenty-five: The Notorious Benedict Arnold by Steve Sheinkin

After reading this book I think two things: 1. We really know how to treat people badly when they are a little obnoxious. We punish them for their personalities because they rub us the wrong way. 2. If we hadn't done this, Benedict Arnold would have continued to be a great military strategist for America.

I'm curious to check out the boot monument. This may have to be something I add to the old bucket list.

Steve Sheinkin wrotes another great non-fiction piece. His work is really awesome. I'm glad I found them now so I can recommend them to Hen in a few years. He's going to love reading about the makers of the bomb, privacy and Daniel Ellsberg, and the treasonous acts of Benedict Arnold. I can only hope that Steve Sheinkin continues to write engaging and fun stories about important people and events of the past.

25 down plus 27 to go!

No comments: