Wednesday, April 06, 2016

The Used Book Fair is over!

Phew.

That was a lot of volunteer hours in a short amount of time.

I found too many awesome books. Far too many. I can only hope they provide me hours upon hours of entertainment and then, with any luck, I'll be able to donate them next year (or the next or the one following that) so someone else can enjoy them.

Authors I've read before include Anita Shreve, Gregory Maquire, Elizabeth Berg, A. J. Jacobs, Sara Gruen, and Cormac McCarthy.

New authors I've discovered include Jonathan Evison, Jonathan Tropper, Derek B. Miller, Roberta Rich, Julie Otsuka, and Paula Hawkins.

And classics…I got The Red Badge of Courage (Crane), The Winter of Our Discontent (Steinbeck), De Profundis (Wilde), and a beautiful boxed book version of The Swiss Family Robinson (Wyss).

First read of the bunch is Station Eleven. I'm ten chapters in and already liking it very much.

No comments: