Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Book forty: A Visit From the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan

Egan's book had me hooked from the beginning. A kleptomaniac at therapy discussing her many adventures in stealing? Sign me up! It gets extremely more convoluted after that. I did lose track and have to go back to refresh the old memory when I couldn't remember the connections between characters. But I digress.

I've come to realize that, for me, what ultimately decides whether or not I like a book or think it's "good" is if I enjoy it. I do try very hard to complete every book, no matter how bad things are going and how little I actually desire to finish. It's my nod to the authors for the very hard task they set for themselves.

Back to Egan's book - it's odd and disjointed but the individual moments are wonderfully constructed. While I may not understand why this received all the fame it got, I certainly liked it.

40 down plus 12 to go!

No comments: