Thursday, August 11, 2016

Book fifty-three: Buried in Beignets by J. R. Ripley

I haven't read too many mysteries in my lifetime but I may have to spend more time exploring this genre because I really liked this book. It was a quirky, fun, fast read. If mysteries are your thing, this might be a good one to take on vacation. Not too taxing, lighthearted despite the discovery of a dead guy, etc. I'm not sure I understand the motivations behind the main character's decision to lie about her ex-husband - she moves back home and claims to be a widow - nor do I understand what drives her to take on so much when her life is so very complicated and stressful but that is okay. I was able to look past the few annoying things (like first person narrative) and read. And that is a very good thing.

53 down plus more to go!

No comments: