Monday, March 25, 2019

Puy lentil and vegetable salad

In an effort to get out of the rut of serving the same meals over and over again, I've been exploring more options. This dish was suggested by Darren and even though no one in the family really enjoys eggplant, I made it for dinner. I haven't tried it yet but the house smells wonderful. Is there any better smell than roasting vegetables with cloves of garlic?
https://www.theguardian.com/food/2019/mar/23/meera-sodhas-recipe-for-store-cupboard-lentil-salad

UPDATE: Hen wouldn't even try this dish. Darren didn't like the lemon juice. We both hated the eggplant (blech). Takeaways - I like lentils and I like roasted vegetables. But I won't like eggplants (ever, probably) and I do not expect I will make this recipe ever again. Yuck.

No comments: