Tuesday, July 03, 2012

More books for kids

My Snake Blake
What I love: That we always are able to find the most awesome books that complement a current favorite of Hen's. A little boy gets a pet snake named Blake and his life is made better through his love for the animal. I also love the snake telling the mama to "relax".

What Hen loves: The snake, and the idea of an early birthday present.

A Home for Bird
What I love: When Vernon asks Bird if he feels at home amongst the flamingos. And that Vernon never gives up hope that he'll be able to help Bird. 

What Hen loves: When Bird - spoiler alert! - finally speaks.

Squid and Octopus: Friends for Always
What I love: That the book has four short stories featuring a squid and an octopus. A quarrel over mittens and socks isn't going to keep this duo from remaining close.

What Hen loves: When Squid inks Octopus. The silliness in the stories - wearing a cowboy boot as a hat is just awesome.

Standing Up
What I love: That this little boy is inspired to stand up to pee after seeing Manneke Pis, the peeing boy statue in the Grand-Palace in the center of Brussels.

What Hen loves: The drawing of the underwear on the inside of the front and back cover. (I explained these were tighty whities and that he should avoid this type of underwear at all costs.) When the little boy is practicing and hits the snail.

No comments: