Monday, July 23, 2012

So, this happened

Let me set the scene. I am sitting on the couch watching Doctor Who on my laptop. Henry is asleep in our bed. Christie is out.

I notice Henry paddling by. One assumes on the way to the bathroom. I follow. No reason to really. He can manage fine.

He's not in the bathroom. He is in his bedroom. Standing next to his bed. Facing the outside wall as if he was at the toilet. He is urinating on the floor.

My first thought will, I trust, resonate with every parent. My first thought was: well, let's not wake him.

2 comments:

Dr. A said...

Yup. Good move. Folex is faster than re-settling a preschooler for sure.

Shawn and Becky said...

Resonate with every parent or every father!?!? I might have screamed . . . waked the lad and have him upset because I sacred him . . . then spent several minutes consoling him and so on. Maybe I'll remember the idea of not waking him . . . if or when this ever happens to me.