Sunday, August 05, 2012

Raine, first year pics

Raine's mama, Leah, and I worked at Spoiled Rotten together. I originally got a job there when Darren was in school as he found he was less likely to study on the weekends if I was hanging around the house. Plus, cute baby clothes and a discount - for an aunt (and future mama) what is not to like about that? D and I were sitting at Marsee Baking in our neighborhood enjoying a pastry when I noticed the job posting in the window of the baby boutique across the street. I went in to inquire about the position and came out an employee. Leah is awesome in many ways but some of my favorite times with her were when, all the work was done, of course, we would each take some time to walk around the store and gather the things we'd buy for our own imagined kids. Okay, you had you a girl, she's 12 months old. What do you buy? WHAT DO YOU BUY?!

It has been nearly five years since I had Henry and nearly a year since she had Raine. I'm so happy we're still in touch and that she doesn't mind calling to ask for more pictures. If anyone can understand wanting more photos of your kid, it's me. So, here's a look at Raine over the past year, including some of my favorites from today's shoot.












1 comment:

Leah said...

oh, so sweet of you. ;) we are so lucky to have you to take his pics! (cause you know i'll be looking at them with tears in my eyes for many years to come, should i be so lucky.)

xoxo