Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Airline Miles Redemption, Part II

The second attempt to book travel by redeeming airline miles was unsuccessful. Again, I used the polite and friendly "ah shucks, I'm just trying to have a nice vacation" voice but it didn't budge the ladies at the other end of the line, whom I'm beginning to suspect ARE the "No" folks illustrated in the Capital One commercials Darren referred to.

What I find most interesting is that even flying business class the folks at the reservation desk can get us to Auckland, New Zealand but they can't find us a flight home. Is this a deliberate ploy to keep us from using our miles? Are they using the "wow, we'd really like to help but we can't find you a flight home" routine like I'm using my "ah shucks" routine?

I was given notice during the first phone call that the December tickets for Cathay Pacific will be open for booking soon. I'll report back after the third call.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT IS THISSSSSSSSSS

If You are looking for more info on amazon books and am glad to be on your site. If you want to find out more about......amazon books then go visit http://abooks4u.com......You wont be disapointed..Thanks For Visiting