Saturday, January 21, 2006

Airline Miles Redemption, Part III

At 8:30am I contacted the Alaska Airlines Reservation Desk and got yet another "no". (See the pattern being established here?) The operator did explain a new facet of the process to me, so the call was not completely useless. Here's the information as I understand it:

The airline allows a person to book travel a set number of days in advance, for Alaska Airlines this is 330 days out. I called asking for December travel and was told that they can book a trip for us on Dec. 17th or before - assuming they find open seats - but that they are unable to book a return flight until the return flight dates fall within the 330 days. Nice twist, eh?

I'm pretty confident the airline does not want to assist me to fly anywhere for free. My belief that the situation will end as I desire diminishes with every call...

No comments: