- Breakfast: tea and homemade scones with fresh blackberries (hand-picked by Darr yesterday)
- Lunch: lamb chops with baked potatoes and sautéed chard (from our farm share)
- Dinner: Spaghetti with pesto and lettuce and tomato salad (drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt and pepper since Darr doesn't really care for salad dressings and I avoid them like the plague)
- Dessert: Banana cake with cream cheese frosting (yum!) and a tall glass o' milk
- Snacks: Cheezies, popcorn, nectarines, cherries, grapes, various Cadbury and Hershey goodies (that we brought back with us on our last trip to downtown Canada - Mr. Big, Caramilk, Eat-More, etc.), and a variety of beverages
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Should be here any minute now
No, not the R.A., the final Harry Potter book. After falling asleep before we could walk up to our local bookshop, the Looking Glass Bookstore, at midnight to buy the book (yes, we already pre-ordered the book and are expecting it to arrive early this morning but, um, well, we're impatient, and also we got caught up in the hype) we are now both awake and wondering what we should do until we hear the thud as the book is dropped outside the door. All preparations have been made for today, including our menu which is quite tasty, I must say.