Monday, October 15, 2007

More books

This morning I went for what will likely be my last trip to Powell's pre-baby. I leisurely perused the aisles in the blue literature section and hit the sale racks by the front door and came home with seven books that cost me just over $50. Some are obviously girl books meant for pure entertainment (hopefully) that Darren will not touch but there are a few in the stack that even he, with his discriminating book tastes, might enjoy. They are as follows:

Slow Man by J. M. Coetzee
Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult
The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
Pilgrim at Tinker Creek by Annie Dillard
Astonishing Splashes of Colour by Clare Morrall
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
Pincher Martin by William Golding

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Still no baby?!? I figured I would check your blog and see if there was any baby news but I guess little R.A. will be here soon enough. Hang in there Momma!

Christie said...

No baby yet. Heading to the doc's this afternoon to discuss being induced. I've done my part so it's time to evict this kid and be done with it.